Welcome to the home of cycling in the Soutpansberg!
CapeTown has the Argus, Durban has the Amashova, Gauteng has the 947. Whats next on your “to-do” cycling list? Definitely the Kremetart 175km One Day Four Stage Race – the only one of its kind in South Africa, and the biggest cycling event in Limpopo. On this site, you can enter online, check out the route profiles, get all the info and page through our history. With our committed sponsors and awesome community, Louis Trichardt brings you the 27th Kremetart on 4th June 2016.
Program of Events Kremetart Weekend 3-5 June 2016
Venue: Louis Trichardt High School, Makhado
Friday 3rd June 2016: Registration and Social
12:00 – 20:00 - Registration & Number Collection at Louis Trichardt High School (175km / 70km / 10km)
17:30 - Race Briefing with Pro-Teams, all Officials & Comms
18:00 – 22:00 - Food Stalls and Music – Main Event Tent
16:00 – 22:00 - Bar opens
Saturday 4th June 2016: 175km, 70km, & KFC Kiddies/Fun Ride Race
- 11:00 – 24:00 - Bar Opens
- 19:45 - Party Time
Sunday 5th June 2016: Total Mountain Bike Cross Country Olympic
Venue: Komatiland Forestry – Hanglip
Line Entries open again on 5th June 2016 from 6:30 – Komatiland Forestry – Hanglip.
Registration and Number collection will only take place on Sunday at the Registration Area.
- 06:30 - Line entries open / Number collection
- 07:30 - Entries close for Nippers
- 08:00 - Race start for Nippers: (10 & under)
- 08:00 - Entries close for Sprogs and Sub Juniors
- 08:45 - Race start for Sprogs and Sub Juniors: (12 & Under and 14 & Under)
- 08:45 - Entries close for all other categories
- 10:00 - Race start for
- Youth men / woman (16 & Under)
- Master men / woman (50 +)
- Grand master men / woman (60 +)
- 11:00 - Race start for
- Junior men / Woman (18 & Under)
- Under 23 Men (19 – 23)
- Elite Woman (19 – 29)
- Elite Men (23 – 29)
- Sub Vet Men / Woman (30 – 39)
- Vet Men / Woman (40 – 49)
- 12:30 - Prize giving
Support vehicles will be strictly regulated. No official sticker, no support! All vehicles to leave before the start of each stage or to follow behind the sweep vehicles. No overtaking of cyclists on the route will be allowed. ONLY CSA Managers with valid licences will be allowed to travel with the processions.
Bus will leave strictly 20 minutes before each start.
Tog bag Van
A tog bag van will transport your baggage to the end of the next stage
- Start times for Tandems: STAGE 1 — 06:40
- STAGE 2 — 09:40
- STAGE 3 — 12:30
- STAGE 4 — 15:30
Groups will start in the following order: (Tandems & Hand cyclists at above time.)
- Elite men + 2 minutes.
- Sub- Veteran men + 5 minutes. (VA)
- Veteran men + 10 minutes. (VB)
- Women + 17 minutes.
- Master and Gr. Master men + 22 minutes. (VC)
- Comrades (Open Category) + 25 minutes